View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-07, 13:51

There was some conversation earlier in the year and last year about Apple charging upwards of $30/month (I'm not citing sources, just recalling conversation).

As far as Hulu, we actually don't know yet if Disney might be eliminating tiered Hulu services. That will likely be announced in the near future. ESPN+, like all ESPN drivel, is heavily dependent on ads and I doubt that will change, but it is a start in the right direction. Getting rid of the Cable/Satellite tether is heavily linked to ESPN contracts. I am guessing Disney is gambling on people being willing to subscribe directly to the network without needing Cable or Satellite tethering. If it works out the way I suspect, Cable Company X and Satellite Company Y are headed down the road toward internet services only, and the CSPAN's of the world are headed toward being shut down. The only thing holding most people back is sports, and since no one actually wants CNN or Fox, those dudes are going to have to completely rethink their models. It truly is all about sports and "series" TV.

I no longer care about sports, but if I did and I could have ESPN without having to pay for the CNN/Fox crap, I would take it in a heart beat.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)