View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-08-07, 17:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Oprah and that Aniston/Witherspoon thing smell like they're driven too much by politics and may drive away viewers who don't want to be bothered by such things.
Witherspoon’s media empire, Hello Sunshine, is actually producing three shows for Apple TV+ (that we know of). One of the others is a legal drama called Truth Be Told, the other is an untitled comedy helmed by Colleen McGuinness.

I don’t think The Morning Show is going to be too political, other than reflecting that it is produced by and starring women who have probably experienced some form of sexism in their own careers. I think connecting it to #MeToo back at Apple’s “upfront” was just them trying to make it relevant and timely. It is, at the end of the day, a workplace comedy.

If you’re worried about Apple TV+ getting too political I think Little America is far more likely to be “driven by politics,” if you count “immigrants are people too” as “politics.” And of course, they could pick up that Obama show that’s been shopped around, though even that is probably going to be pretty fluffy, just like Oprah is.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong