View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2019-08-09, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
It’s weird, because the XR is the least boring, least iterative version of the “mainstream” iPhone possibly ever, yet in this thread we’re all bored and it’s not just us, it seems like the market wasn’t particularly enthusiastic for the XR either. Like, if you draw a line from 5-6-7-8-XR, the XR is the biggest change in both form and function. It’s the first iPhone in that line, since the very first, to have a learning curve. If the market was ambivalent on the XR because it wasn’t a big enough change from the 8, how can any future change possibly be bigger than ditching the home button and switching to the all-screen design? But if that’s not it, what gives?
One of the reasons I opted for the XS over the XR is that the XR is bigger (taller/wider) than the XS, which I did not like at all. I also didn't like the lack of force touch, because yes I use it. The XR also feels cheap like the iPhone 5c (the iPhone everyone forgot about) that I had in the past.

It's not like Apple screwed up, it's just that the smartphone market is over saturated and it's slowing down, all manufacturers have seen huge dips in sales.

Last edited by PB PM : 2019-08-09 at 23:29.