View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-08-29, 14:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
The point I am making is that a 10.3" iPad and a 10.5" iPad Air with similar specs have no business living in the same product lineup. This is like that old 13" non-Touchbar MacBook Pro. Buy the MacBook Air and save yourself $200!

A 10.3" iPad will make the iPad Air a goofy product in the lineup.
I think we agree.

I mean, any improvements to the base iPad take away a reason to upgrade to the Air. But that isn’t a reason that Apple should just sit on the base iPad because it’s good enough; it’s just a reason to also keep improving the Air.

I actually hope that the next base iPad is so similar to the current Air and mini that they keep the mini around and just “demote” it. I think Apple makes a mini version of the wrong iPad. People are always confused why the iPad mini is more expensive than the regular iPad, and the name doesn’t help. It’s really an iPad Air mini, but I don’t think people understand this and I’m not sure that’s what people want. They should really be selling a mini version of the base iPad.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong