View Single Post
arteggio

2011-04-27, 12:09

Have the poles shifted?

This might not warrant a thread (there may be something about XYZ coordinates I don't know about), but can anyone else confirm where XZ 0,0 is for them?

I ask because, for me, it is next to a tree trunk on my boulevard within Furronia. I walked out to the real spawnpoint and its coordinates were -163, 313.

At first I thought it was because the beds must reset the coordinates from the perspective of each player, but not only do I have no beds near 0,0, I slept in the spawn safehouse bed and my coordinates didn't change. I even logged out and restarted the launcher for good measure.

I discovered this because I was about to dig a mine SW of the spawn under the center of my town. Then I did a double-take, because I was already standing at W-E 0, practically along the center of my boulevard...

As far as I know the current spawn is the spawn that existed before Bridgeport was even built up, so I don't suppose Brad relocated the spawn to its current place from my area? Even with relocation, I would assume 0,0 moves with the spawn.

When I was setting the center coordinates for Furronia in the very beginning a month or two ago, I remember having to do the math between negative and positive numbers from N-S and W-E, so 0,0 has been there since before 1.4 I think.

Something seems fishy.