View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-27, 16:20

OK, I made pictures. (EDIT: Haha, of course Kraetos makes a better picture while I'm making mine. But still.)

VISION FOR HIGH SPEED RAIL IN MINECRAFTIA

Here's the H that Kraetos and I were talking about, and which you can kind of see in Bryson's map. Bridgeport is the circle. The dotted line is White. (Kraetos, I think whatever north/south line that crosses Bridgeport should be Black, even if it's the easternmost north/south line for the foreseeable future; Bridgeport will pretty much always be the approximate center of the map, and if we build the Green line center I don't want to have to figure out what the eastern north/south line should be when we build it. You're free to disagree, of course. )

Here's the 2x2 grid that we were talking discussing as the eventual primary system:

The idea would be that people could individually expand upon it with secondary and tertiary lines it if they wanted to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Where are we building it!!!
I think it would make sense to build the train station closest to the point where the so-called Black and White lines intersect, no? So that would be that big open space between my house and Old Towne, right?

I think that makes sense — everybody's been expanding Bridgeport out in that direction lately, with the theater and the gay bar and the Gherkin and the airport and my house. It's sort of Bridgeport's downtown, and yet there's still a huge space open right where the two lines intersect. But you're free to disagree, of course.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong