View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-04-07, 23:56

Nah, make them play in Apocalynova!

I'm finalizing a few things on this end right now as I type. New drive for Lenny will be ready to install. I'm also going to keep the original drives un touched incase disaster strikes and I just can't make things work. (Not likely, but just in case.)

Install on the VM was about 45 minutes with a WiFi connection and MineCraft running at the same time. Lenny has QoS and is wired so it'll be limited by the source more than anything. Plus, Lenny will only be running the install/OS.

During this time I'm going to have to reconfigure a few ports on my router too, but this is more of a side note than an upgrade thing. I have to move the ports that were for http and iCal to my Mini. Other than that all should be well.

Once there's enough to get the beefy CPU I'll order it and plan for that outage. I'll keep you all posted on it as the time comes.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.