View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-01-04, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegelding View Post
yes, i plan to get the VC version of OoT...that said, i wonder how it will play after TP...TP is just so huge and beautiful...i image OoT will be a bit smaller and less nice graphically than TP (i'm sure it was cutting edge at the time...just like the orginal zelda, but i downloaded that and only played it once and got bored)...

probably should have waited and played OoT first...but i'm less than half way through TP...lots of fun stuff still to do, plus i want to re-go over some areas i've been to look for more stuff
You should still thoroughly enjoy OoT. TP acts like a sequel to OoT in many ways. The story follows OoT at some indeterminate point in the future. Some locations (such as the Temple of Time) and music (many of the "howls") and characters (the Gorons and Zoras) are taken directly from OoT. Also, OoT was the first Zelda game to introduce the 3D perspective and interface that's still used in TP.

As for the "old school" birds-eye-view Zelda games, my personal favorite is A Link to the Past for the SNES, despite starting from the original on the NES.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.