View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-11-01, 21:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So my name came from an '89 Plymouth Sundance that ran on 2 1/2 cylinders. (Compression was gone in one and 1/2 in the second.) So since my car had no power and wouldn't go very fast I was dubbed Turtle. I was heavy into CB usage back then because I lived in the back woods of Suffolk. So if you were running around Suffolk on a CB you'd find me by calling for Turtle.

AOL got popular and my cousin gave me a screen name. "turtle" was taken and AOL offered to add "2472". I didn't care and so I ended up going with "turtle2472". Since then I've pretty much grabbed it on all services out there because "Turtle" is just about always taken. Even here it's not being used though it's taken. Since I have the name everywhere I've pretty much just chosen to keep it no since I also have to TLD for it too.
Thanks to Brad I'm just turtle now. PM was sent and my request was filled. It's actually kinda cool being a name without a number. As 709 pointed out in another thread that most people with number in their name are normally not worth talking with... maybe I'll find the post to link here.

Anyway, so most of you who wonder where I went, I just have a new name.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.