View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-03-08, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveblue View Post
I just wish they'd get their arses together in making the home theatre of the future...
Or at least start putting the home video format of 2006 in their products.

On topic: Not sure I can see Apple getting into personal robotics, but they definitely seem to have the clearest vision of the near future, at least. As I wrote in the iPad 2 thread:

"The $499 model remains the best value in tech. Every time I use my iPad I'm stunned that this is an actual thing, and that Apple sold it for under $500 and not, like, $1,200. It's just so remarkably thin and the screen is so big and it's so packed with stuff. You know that magic trick where the magician squishes his hat flat and then still somehow sticks his arm all the way inside and pulls out a bunch of scarves? That's how the iPad feels, to me. The iPad is that flat hat. It's like an on-screen window somehow made physical, or a display that is somehow pulling all this stuff out of the ether, because it sure doesn't feel like it has any chips inside. It's the sort of design I thought was only accessible to wizards, using deep magicks.

Or, as I felt when I first used mine, holy shit, it's the future."

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong