View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-03-08, 20:15

Remember before the iPad was officially unveiled, in days and weeks leading up, we were all talking about prices in the $799 and up range.

It blew our taters when that "$499" graphic dropped into place. I about fell out of my chair, as that was easily $400 or so below what I'd prepared myself for.

Yeah, it's amazing. My stepmom is getting one in a few weeks, as is my sister (that's what I heard from my Dad, anyway).

I know an older couple who I've been trying to get on the Mac for a while. But it dawned on me a couple of days ago that maybe they should just keep (for now) their Gateway with Vista on it, and, instead, snag at iPad for around-the-house surfing or travel. I think that would be easier for them to grasp, and maybe after they got their heads around it some, they may actually see the point in having a Mac (a bigger, more powerful version and they'd have good vibes about Apple quality and ease-of-use at that point).

Do the ol' Trojan Horse thingie...start them off with an iPad, let them ask about an iMac in another year or so.