View Single Post
Dutch Pear

2011-03-09, 04:59

Just looked it up, while they did "some" idea and design lifting from mostly iOS and also MS surface, it is actually really quite impressive and realistic IMHO about display/touchscreen possibilities in about 10 (?) years from now.

I'm pretty shure this is the kind of vision apple is furiously working towards in it's R&D labs!

One question springs to mind: much of the video is about having an iOS-like touch UI on pretty much any hard-surface: car-dashboard, fridgedoor, public transport shelters... Would apple be willing to expand iOS (dare I say: license) to enable the expansion of iOS to these scenario's?

Big opportunities there, and I would hate to see them miss the boat here because they want to supply the hard-and software and can't supply all the custom configuration and price-points needed. iOS is just so well thought through and full of attention to detail that I would hate to see Android or ms windows touch beat apple to this future meaning we'll be confronted by inferior UI design than shown (until now) by iOS...