View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-03-25, 12:53

Interesting little tidbit...the little pub I often go to on Thursday nights, I saw three iPhone 4s there last night, not including mine. I know that's not a big deal in the Bay Area or a larger, hipper city. Or maybe not even a big deal here in Chattanooga at one of the hipper, trendier 20/30-something downtown bars and clubs (I usually don't go to those places, but the few times I've been dragged, I see quite a few).

But this little place I go is more of a blue-collar sports bar (with a high redneck and biker customer base...your standard "fightin' and fuckin'" kinda crowd ), but there are all types mingled in (which is why I like it so much...it's like a perfect melting pot of a bar and there's always something to look at for a people-watching nut like me). But I've only seen 1-2 other iPhone there over the years. But to see three in one night, all iPhone 4 models, was surprising to me.

Feels like they're getting out there more, or that more people are buying them. One of the people who had one certainly looked the part (young, stylish eyewear, hipster T-shirt, etc.). But the other two were more like my Mom or her friends and not the usual "iGeek"-looking type.

I thought it was interesting to see that there. You'd kinda have to know this place to fully appreciate my observation. Kinda like walking into Wendy's and getting surprised with prime rib on your tray.