View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2019-08-11, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
No Apple has very much screwed up. They kept driving the price of their version of innovation up while putting very dated tech in the "value" proposition but the reality is their version of value used to be their own price for their own flagship iPhones. The market itself is forcing prices down which means the "value" iPhones have become terrible price propositions while the "flagship" iPhones become tolerable from a tech perspective but horrible from a price perspective.
When I say Apple hasn't screwed up, I wasn't even considering price points in that statement. No argument about price issues, I hated having to pay what I did, but my iPhone 6s was really showing it age (buttons start to ware out, second battery come to EOL etc). I considered getting a One Plus 7 Pro ($899 here), for a long time, before coming to the realization I have too much invested in apps and music to switch to Android. Not even mentioning that I don't want to sell my life to Google. It's even more painful for those of us outside the US, where phones like the XS start at $1300! The XR is $1029, and even the entry level iPhone 7 is $629, for a 4 year old phone... Apple is clearly on crack, no doubt about it. Of course most buyers here in Canada get phones on contract for $50-$200 and don't care about the real price of the phone.