Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
addabox
Veteran Member

2014-09-10, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
I Iiked this overview of the watch. I think the author nailed what seems to be my internal debate about the watch. I have a watch I absolutely love and I have a hard time seeing myself displacing it for the apple watch. But considering I am a complete tech geek, I will probably end up buying one.

That said, I hope that someone comes out with some retro watch games. I loved those things when I was younger.
Really interesting perspective. Couple of takeaways: Despite looking a bit thick in the standalone shots, every time I see it shown on a wrist it looks fine. Not sure if that's just an angle or what. Also, I'm really struck by how impressed the watch guy is with the fit and finish and attention to detail. He heaps praise on the clasp systems, how the band swap-out works, how you can adjust length without tools on the linked bands, and just generally how it feels like a more expensive watch that it is, even compared to the incumbents in the industry. Pretty impressive stuff for a first try.

His only concerns seem to be entirely centered around the Watch's cache as a watch-- that compared to the highly desirable analog timepieces that watch people covet, it just can't evoke that sense of old world quality.

I think that's a given, but given that "watch" is just one of dozens of jobs one would hire this device to do, I don't think it's a huge stumbling block for success.

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated