Thread: Apple Services
View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-01-27, 17:22

Well, here we are in January and I haven't heard boo from any of my IRL friends about any of Apple's shows. And I mean not one word. Is anyone watching these stupid things? I've wandered through the list and cannot find a single thing that is intriguing (my Netflix watch list has about 20 shows in the queue, and Disney+ has 4). I'm not kidding when I say this: The only places I have seen anything mentioned (outside of AN) have been AppleInsider and MacRumors, and those places are paid to say something.

Today Apple announced yet another political documentary called "Boys State" (I commented on this trend in the Disney+ thread and worried Apple would go the political route). So far, there are a couple of middling, unengaging dramas and a crapstorm of political docu-series things that are all free for a year and worth less.

So far, I am entirely unconvinced that Apple should be in this game. Apple TV+ is like all of the broken parts of .Mac and MobileMe, while still desperately clinging to all of the useless functionality.

Seriously, there is nothing in there worth watching.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)