View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-09-14, 15:46

Hm, I wonder what those rumors of a flatter design were about, since they were clearly quite wrong. Is that still in the works? Would it feel/look right on your wrist?

I'm also quite disappointed about the pricing.

The Series 3, which in watchOS 7 was so underspecced it had trouble installing software update (only the non-cellular model is affected, I think, and I believe this is also fixed in 8?), is still being sold new for $199. This also means headaches for developers, who will have to support its screen size for years to come. The SE is consequently still $279.

So we got a rather minor Series 7, a four-years-old Series 3, and sort of an in-between (a Series 5 with some of the 4's and 5's features removed).

It can be argued that the Watch is doing quite well and doesn't need major upgrades, but nonetheless, this is overall a less compelling line-up than last year, which is a weird choice?

Cycling fall detection is nice, though.