View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-24, 10:08

I've got the oldest, smallest iPhone available, so it's really of no help to me. But I was thinking about that last night...if I had a larger, modern iPhone (11-13, especially one of the "Max" versions), that URL/search bar at the bottom might indeed be nice to avoid that long stretch. That's when I realized "so this isn't really doing anything for me, big picture, is it? It's just making me suck at Safari, and waste time...".

I'm probably just not the target audience for such a thing, as I can easily reach everywhere on the 4" SE screen with ease and there's just no benefit to me...just confusion (and my thumb going to the wrong place about 700 times a day).

I'm happy they gave people the choice, because everyone's habits, phones, hand sizes, etc. are different. If/when I own a larger iPhone someday, I may revisit it and adapt to it (out of genuine need/desire).

Just seems I've been chasing my tail all week for no reason that I can see/appreciate. I went back an hour ago and I'm already better for it.