View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-28, 18:20

Holy smokes...

Witness: Mom was jumping on bench with toddler before deadly Petco Park fall.

There's the sixth possibility/cause...and the one that never even occurred to me.

Quote:
A witness to a mother and toddler's deadly fall at Petco Park said the mother had a close call while jumping on a picnic table bench, with her 2-year-old son in her arms, near the ledge of an upper concourse. The witness said she was shocked to see the mother climb up on the bench with her son a second time.

"She lost her balance and fell off the bench. I remarked to my son, 'Oh my gosh she almost fell,'" the witness, who did not want to be identified, wrote in a statement shared with NBC 7.
I have no words.

Quote:
"The man that was with her was standing by the railing as the woman started jumping on the bench of the table closest to the railing, holding the baby in her arms. She seemed happy — laughing," the witness said.

That's when the mother fell off the bench the first time.

"About 30 seconds or a minute later, she jumped back up and did it again, facing the man as she jumped with the baby," the witness recalled. "I remember saying, 'I can’t believe she’s doing that again,' and then she was gone...
From my vantage point, looking at her back, it was almost like she rolled over the railing. I told my son, 'Oh my gosh she went over!'"
I still have none.

So...abject stupidity may very well be the cause, on the part of a 40-year-old woman.

Not murder, not suicide, not faulty railing, not selfie-taking and not an unattended two-year-old. A "grown woman" jumping on the bench, a foot or two away from the railing (and a six-story drop).

Hey, why not?

Rampant, final-stage oblivitardation seems to have gripped the culture.