View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-29, 08:07

The funny thing is that every article I’ve read about this thing, the comments are 100% “uh…no.”

Somebody will buy it, but I don’t think it’ll be in numbers Amazon assumed/imagined. It’ll be $600 in six months and cease to exist in 12.

Assuming it lasts for 6-12 months, I’m guessing v2 will have a little mini machine gun/poison dart shooter for those people in the house it doesn’t recognize?

“Stop where you are or prepare to be fired upon.”

How many shitty sci-go/action movies have started this way?

In my lifetime we’ll likely enter that Terminator era where the things we create are both smarter than us and eventually figure out we’re a nuisance/pest, best to be either eliminated or enslaved.

The “twist” to all of this is our demise will never come from the stars and “out there” as so many predict or believe. We’ll probably be directly responsible for it ourselves.

Oh, they’re cute today - vacuuming, dancing, ordering dog food automatically - but in 30 years when your iCenturion ZX47 self-aware DigiButler and his two buddies from next door and across the street have homeowners bent over the kitchen counter and are taking turns giving them the business, I really don’t wanna hear about it.

“But I just wanted some help around the house!”

Nobody ever gets what they want. There’s always a catch. Yours just happens to be weekly three-way (involuntary) butthole intrusion sessions by robots who’ve learned how to high-five each other.

And good luck finding the OFF button…

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-09-29 at 08:40.