View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-10-04, 11:02

I'm in the market for a new camera. My Rebel XT has been faithful to me over the past 16 years... however it is antiquated by today's standards to say the least. I have a handful of lenses for it so I'm not sure I want to completely ditch them though none are "L".

I started this thread to get an idea of what is out there. I've been a fan of Canon over Nikon but at this point I know I should be open. I always wanted a pro series camera (full frame, bells and whistles, etc...) but I'm not doing paid photo shoots at all anymore and don't plan to start again. I guess you can put me into the advanced photo bug category, just professionally trained.

What is the "standard" now? Seems to be mirrorless is rising but not there, or is it? Where should I start looking? I want the versatility of changing my lens and solid images. I'm not really worries about videos, though apparently that is standard now.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.