View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-10-14, 15:43

"It's a dry year, let's set off fireworks in the desert near homes."

I love fireworks, and this year I told my wife and daughter that not a one of them would be set off on our property. NONE!

Cause burn!

So, these four hoodlums — who are old enough to know better — decided that "It's October. Ain't nothing gonna burn!" and promptly burned down the hills and forced evacuations, including one of my coworkers. Dumbasses!

Fortunately, no one was hurt, and no structures were burned. Considering this has been a drouth year, it's nothing short of a miracle that our bone-dry foothills didn't go *POOF*! Hopefully, these teens and their families will be assessed the actual cost of putting out the fire, likely in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. And too bad we treat them as "teens" and not as adults. I would make them pay every square cent until the debt is paid!

And, as a matter of community service, I would make the little bastards go and assist these folks in whatever way they need. And if they saw fit to laugh, I'd bitch-slap them until their faces were purple.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)