View Single Post
Wrao
Yarp

2005-02-17, 03:32

Yea Brad, but when was the last time you went to AI?

I don't have pith helmet installed presently, I did tinker with it at one time, but ultimately disabled it, however, after this recent brush up with pop-ups and other obnoxious ads, I may very well get into the pith again.

I THRASH: Yes, I never had any pop-ups prior to 10.3.8, but I don't know if I'd cast the blame on that, The windows SP 2 explanation definitely makes a little more sense. Unless perhaps Apple software engineers were tinkering with the Safari Pop-up Blocker in an effort to improve it, but in doing so actually hurt it? Doesn't seem all that likely, but those types of gaffs definitely happen.

On a side note, it would be nice if Apple had more regular support with Safari. Ever since V1.2 it's been my default browser(before that I mainly used Camino) But, whether this pop-up issue is a result of more sophisticated pop-ups or not, it would still be nice if Apple released more frequent updates to the software. I mean, I guess it is pretty rock solid as is, but it's also fairly dated, especially considering every other browser seems to be updated quite a bit. Ah well, I'm generally not complaining, but these pop-ups are kinda annoying(although I generally don't notice them till I hit exposé since they go to the back of the windows)

on an unrelated note, Yes, I think my computer does hate me.