Thread: LoCash
View Single Post
shatteringglass

2005-06-07, 02:39

I just found out today.

I haven't been on the boards much lately, and when I would be on, I would just quickly browse through a couple of threads in the rumors forum. But, I sat down today to read all the threads from the last few weeks to catch up. That is, until I stumbled on this. I clicked the header on the forums that was dedicated to Jack, which, at first I assumed was just some obscure reference to something I didn't know about. It never occurred to me that someone, especially LoCash, passed away. I clicked the header, and I just went numb. Everything became irrelevant. My stupid rant on AN about Apple's switch to Intel processors. My opinions of Roz Ho, the manager at the MS Mac BU in some thread. Everything.

I did not know Jack personally, but I always sensed his presence here, as trite as that may sound. He was one of those regulars, like pscates, or brad, whose opinions I have come to value highly since I became a member. I always felt that the boards here were special because it was him and all the other warm people that took time out to respond to whatever I had to say, no matter how insignificant or irrelevant.

It's these tragic events in our lives that make me think about how random and short life can be. It's forcing me to think now whether I'm living life to the fullest, whether I should enjoy life more instead of dwelling over my past failures, and whether I can be a better person to those around me.

I want to thank everyone who knew Jack personally and shared an anecdote or story about him. I feel like I know him a little better now, have seen the amazing person he was, and regret not having the pleasure of conversing with him on the boards or over IM.

I'm not sure what else I have to say. I feel awful for all that has happened. I also feel awful for being so irrevelant to all this until now. Everything seems to be in perspective suddenly.