View Single Post
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2008-06-12, 23:48

Well, day two went a little slower than I thought it would, but I'm very pleased so far.

Tomorrow I'm going to screw in 45° inside corner braces to add sturdiness.

The wheels mounted quite well - the brackets seem like they'll take quite a lot of stress. I decided to put them about three inches aft of center - the trailer naturally tips slightly forward when unsupported, which is exactly what I wanted. The entire thing rolls *very* easily (more so than my bike) and probably weighs about 35 pounds right now.

I also acquired plywood to use as a deck - I'll cut out holes for the wheels, which will eventually be completely enclosed in a well.

I also wanted to say that this is the most fun I've had in a really long time - it is amazing watching it come together from a pile of boards and screws, seeing as it's all my design and effort (with the help of a couple friends). Before I started this I wasted a ton of time around here doing not very much - so I guess my advice to those who are bored is to think of something something complex yet plausible that you really want to work on - you'll feel so much better at the end of the day.

You ask me for a hamburger.

Last edited by atomicbartbeans : 2008-06-13 at 00:10.