View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-10-13, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I'm about to close on my house and I'm gonna buy some stuff from Ikea I think for the house. I was told today that I'd be getting a free king size mattress and I was thinking about getting a bed setup from Ikea, but it looks like all the ones I look at just have the mattress sitting on top of slats.

Can you use a box spring for them or are they not made for a mattress and a box spring?
I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think IKEA makes a few box springs, and a few of their demo units use them. But yeah, they're more of a "slatted bed base" company.

The IKEA store people are some of the nicest people I've ever bought stuff from so I'm sure you could just ask them. No such thing as a stupid question, after all

To update this thread, I went "real IKEA shopping" this spring. I got a complete bed for $40, a mattress for $75, a desk for $35, a TV stand (now used as a printer stand) for $20...you get the picture. If it weren't for IKEA I would have, like, no furniture

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong