View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2010-12-17, 19:17

That said…

St Bonney Bonn, I dug a mineshaft under my house and eventually hit a huge system of caves that eventually led back to that spider spawner under your house. If you decide to go looking for natural coal deposits again, I saw several big veins of it through the caves. I lit up the place like a christmas tree; so, you shouldn't have to worry much about hostiles.

Also, I built a "test chamber" underground and confirmed that smooth stone and brick seem to be equally affected by explosions despite brick being harder to break down with a pick. So, brick might slow down griefers, but it won't slow down creepers!

edit: Wow. These caves are bigger than I thought. It looks like I've only lit up maybe half of the whole system.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.