View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-12-12, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan
Odd flavoured chips and cereal? Soda Pop? Weird Hostess Cupcake thingies? What's the best beer I can get at a convenience store?
I don't know if you have them there, but I think Quaker Quakes are pretty weird. They're basically just rice cakes with excessive artificial flavoring. Supposedly they're "healthy" since they're lower in fat than potato chips.

For soda... try Tab or Mountain Dew Code Red for weirdness. I also really like Stewart's Key Lime Soda.

For those gross little snack cakes, I like Oatmeal Cream Pies and Nutty Bars, while my housemate likes frozen Zebra Cakes. All equally disgusting.

You can't get anything more than flavored water from convenience stores.

Quote:
Does the US even have liqour and beer stores or do I just go to 7-11?
We do, and you should go to them. Convenience stores and grocery stores have limits to how alcoholic their beverages are so you can only get watery beer and wine coolers.

Quote:
I've never eaten at White Castle. Should I?
I'll just say one thing - their burgers are sold in sacks of ten and called "sliders" for a reason.

Quote:
Do they still make Coooooooookie Crisp?
Yes. There's also Oreo-O's and Reese's Puffs. And probably more weird ones since I haven't even looked at those kinds of cereal for a really long time.

Quote:
Yeah, and I've heard that Americans don't buy their milk in bags but in cartons. WTF? Bags of milk rule!

How the fuck do you pour a bag of milk? Do you hold it over the glass or bowl and use a spout? Do you just immediately pour your milk into your own plastic container? Cartons are used because they can be used to store and pour the milk. I don't understand how you would use a bag.

Do you drink bags of beer up there? Bags of orange juice? Ooh, maybe you eat your bread from bottles? (Oh wait, actually you do!)