View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-09, 17:17

Well, all of those things you just mentioned could happen and still follow "canon" or "legends" or whatever Disney wants to call the old stuff.

I mean, my favorite all-time Star Wars character is Ahsoka Tano and the only reason she is "still around" is some time-travel/parallel universe thing.

So those weird ideas have already been inserted. I mean, time travel gives lazy story tellers a way to fix complex problems that should never have been problems. You killed off a popular character and now the fans are angry, so you want that character back? Time travel*! Or maybe you could just realize that you either need to keep the character around, or kill them off for permanently reasons!

I mean, just deal with your story telling already. Please don't Star Trek Star Wars! Time travel has long been established canon within the Star Trek universe, but it was only inserted into Star Wars within the halls of Star Wars Rebels to save an obviously outmatched Tano from the vastly superior Vader. She either should not have been written into the part, or she should have died at the hands of her master (just another reason to hate evil!). To use Time Travelâ„¢ is just a lazy way to save a very popular character lazy writer from his/her mistakes.

*Coming soon to a Walking Dead near you!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)