View Single Post
beardedmacuser

2007-04-30, 15:30

Apologies for the crappy photos (I don't have a digital camera, so these are stills from my video camera) but here are my "rides" right now;

First-up my main training/commuting bike. A no-nonsense old-school steel frame from Bob Jackson up in Leeds hand built for me almost ten years ago now. Still riding like the day it was new! It's gone through a few groupsets in its time, currently running on a 9-speed Campag Centaur groupset. Who knows how many thousands of miles I've trained and raced on it?! However it is no longer my bike for racing, which is now my carbon Trek beast (but I wouldn't really want to use that for commuting and leaving at work).

And secondly my "town bike" for the days I'm not training and just want to get to and from work with minimal hassle, maybe just a little bit of speed and mudguards for when it's wet. It's some generic far-east factory built aluminium frame badged-up by Ridgeback here in the UK to which they've given a 9-speed Shimano flat bar groupset and wheels. I'm never going to run out of wheels for this beast; I've got three pairs of old race wheels waiting in line for it once these ones have had it!