View Single Post
Perfecting_Zero

2007-04-30, 15:52

ThunderPoit, that looks like a great cruising/commuting bike. Specialized has a wonderful reputation. Looking at the photo of your bike, I just see one of those stylish, sleek and contemporary brushed-stainless steel... what to call them? beverage containers. I guess you can't properly call them water bottles. And of course you'll need an equally cool cage. Colorado Cyclist is a good mail order resource for cycling accessories -- including helmets. Have you purchased a helmet yet? Also, REI is good. I've had excellent experiences with both.

Yes, a cycling computer will add another dimension to your rides: at least, it'll help you measure and meaningfully improve your rides. Decent cycling computers are inexpensive, and their installation requires just a little fiddling with small wires, nylon ties and precisely-placed magnets. I recommend a computer which includes cadence.

Finally, as a general suggestion and resource for all cycling enthusiasts, Sheldon Brown is a man who writes passionately -- if not a little idiosyncratically -- about cycling... and the idea of cycling.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

Last edited by Perfecting_Zero : 2007-04-30 at 16:09. Reason: keep forgetting stuff