Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2009-12-03, 11:36

I'm something of a car whore.
This is what I have had in 25 years of driving.

At 16 I started out with a 1978 Honda Accord CVCC that looked just like this one:

After my college roommate totaled the Accord I got a black 1980 Audi 4000s similar to this one:

After a little less than a year of Audi ownership the timing belt broke and so did the engine.
My Grandparents let me USE a 1977 Ford Pinto that looked like this:

After a few weeks of driving a pinto (and of total embarrassment) I bought my first new car...a black 1986 Mazda 323. It had one option: A/C and looked like this:

I then bought my second new car: a 1990 Honda CRX DX that looked just like this:

God!! Do I miss this car.

In 1995 I sold the CRX when I moved to Boston and I bought a 1990 Audi 100 in metallic green. It looked like this:

While driving on the interstate, the truck in front of me deposited a cooler on the road and I ran over it causing damage to the engine and transmission.
So, I bought a white 1996 VW Jetta:

After a few years I went back to school and needed to get rid of a car payment so I sold the Jetta and bought a dark blue 1991 Audi 100s (see pic of Audi 100 above). I REALLY love VW's and Audi's.

After getting out of school (again) I got a blue 1996 Honda Accord LX coupe. I frigging hated this car. It was loud, unreliable and just a total let down to drive.

I got a great deal on a dark blue 1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX so I got rid of the hated Accord and bought my first American car.

After moving back to Little Rock I really wanted a truck in a bad way so I sold the CV and bought a 2wd 1991 Dodge Ram Charger with a, um, highly modified engine in it. It required premium gas and on a good day got 9 mpg, but what a blast to drive. This is a pic of my real truck, no google pics for it.

Finally, the combination of increasing gas prices, another kid on the way and looking forward to paying for private school and daycare forced me to sell the truck (I really did not like spending > $100 per week to fill up) and buy this horrible GM POS called a 1996 Buick LeSabre.

This car has really made me despise all things GM. Unreliable, poor fit and finish, poor everything.

Ever since getting married my wife has gotten the nice (and new) cars and I get to drive old and cheap cars. Maybe someday I'll get to have a nice car again.

You're looking at eons of repression getting purged. If only they'd let us jerk off.

Beware the man of one book. ~ Saint Thomas Aquinas

Last edited by kretara : 2009-12-04 at 09:06.