Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-01-10, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Woot! Converj has been green lighted.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...00119990/1115#
I thought it was greenlighted before? Maybe that was just a rumor.

"After 2012," though...I hope he means after the 2012 model year (which, to be fair, is already looking sort of crowded for Cadillac...XTS, maybe ATS?), and not after the year 2012. I'd like to see in released no later than calendar year 2012 (2013 MY).

And I get what he says, about needing to "slot it into" the line-up. It's like what I was just saying -- it'll have to be something unique, not just an electric CTS coupe.

Anyway, NAIAS starts in just a few hours...embargoes might expire at midnight on Monday, so about an hour from now? Exciting. Chrysler has a whole lotta nothin' -- people on Jalopnik are freaking out over all the special editions of dated models, but I'm like...it's going to take time to turn them around. Quick, cheap cash-ins on old models are, well, quick and cheap cash-ins. I hope it keeps them afloat long enough for us to see some new models.

(I would be remiss to not mention that Chrysler Group actually has improved many of their models for 2010, making many options standard and redesigning their often lackluster interiors.)

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who cares to see Chrysler turn around. It's not out of any sort of loyalty, I'd just like, y'know, a thriving American auto industry. And I think it'd be nice to see Chrysler be an actual luxury marque, instead of just a sort-of-upmarket Dodge.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong