Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2020-10-25, 01:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
Don’t know any Tesla owner who would say the same. Customer satisfaction ratings are off the charts compared to other manufacturers.

Most of the time my X needs service it’s done in my garage and handled without any issue via the Tesla app and text message. In 2.5 years of ownership the only maintenance costs have been tires and windshield wiper blades.
That’s great, for you, I’m sure. As I said, he loved the car, and he drove it a lot. The downtime for trivial repairs like the one mentioned pushed him away after years of happy ownership. Our neighbours have one as well, but haven’t asked if they have had any issues.

Low repair is a big incentive for an EV, but here in Canada the model 3 starts at $52k before taxes, so I’m not even considering a Tesla. If it had better range I’d go for a Leaf, but as it stands that just won’t work. Won’t touch a KIA or American auto maker junk with a ten foot pole. Personally I’ll be sticking with Toyota Hybrids for a long time yet, I’ve had no problems and no needlessly easy to break junk that I don’t need (retracting door handles... ).