View Single Post
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-07-05, 13:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
I'd seriously consider taking a once-a-day pill that would stop facial hair growth, if someone would invent it.
I'd consider anything to avoid shaving, even surgery. It makes me cringe to think how many months of my life (in aggregate) I have wasted shaving. I don't think you can get laser hair removal on your face. But if you could, I would definitely do that.

1. Facial Hair:

I have used Gillette Sensor blades since they came out, after starting out with a Braun electric shaver as a teen. I upgraded my handle to a Sensor Excel because of the nice gray rubber grip. I've switched back and forth between plain Sensor and Sensor Excel for the past decade or so.

I'm shocked by how many people here use the outrageously expensive Mach 3 razors. I did try the Mach 3 blades for about 3 months when they came out. But I didn't like the Mach 3's soft spring and side-hinge (as opposed to the hinge in the back center of the blade) at all. The Mach 3 didn't give me enough control around my mouth, chin and temples. And I didn't like the high price of Mach 3 blades. So I went back to and am very happy with Sensor Excel.

I have dark brown hair and shave every day, except for some weekends when I'm too lazy. I don't like the prickle when I don't shave for more than 48 hours.

Edit: I swear by Nivea shaving gel, the one for sensitive skin. But I'll look into the Aveeno stuff mentioned above.

2. Body Hair:

As for the rest of my body, there's nothing like a professional wax job, if you can afford it. I wax my shoulders, neck and back when I have the cash, and shave when I don't. I have yet to get to my arms and legs.

Do any of you swimmers and bikers use epilatory creams? I understand they last twice as long as shaving.

Do any of you guys use Epilady or Silk-Epil or similar electric devices that pull out your hair? To me, pulling out your hair makes more sense than just cutting it off.

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.