View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-21, 23:53

I know this is geeky as can be, but a year or so ago I designed a really cool Boba Fett-inspired costume. Like someone from that same era/army, just different colored armor and weapons (gold, copper, crimson red, khaki, etc.), and he was an archer/crossbow user (lasers, of course). My "backstory" was that he was slightly trained in the Jedi arts, so, of course, he's got a bad-ass light saber (stolen off a Jedi he dicked-over and killed?) dangling from his belt (orange-bladed, of course).

But still the Fett helmet, body armor, shoulder cape, gauntlets, etc. It let me be that character (or someone like him, with that same cool vibe), but without having to get all nutty and exact with the real Boba Fett costuming (which people get really exacting and over-the-top on). I figure between Home Depot and an army surplus store (and a plastic unpainted replica helmet), I could do something pretty bitchin'.

I drew it all out, spec'd some of the components to build the various doodads (chest pieces, little hoses and wires, etc.), etc. and then got distracted by life.

Someday...

Then again, I could just go the Drew route and break out the HP and Xerox cardboard boxes.

I did the same thing with a Batman costume...a cool 40's era type deal, with vaguely military touches Leather and canvas utility belt, thigh holster for batarangs, split cape for true "batwings" effect, no yellow oval, textured grey cloth suit, very pointed, scary cowl and ungodly ears, reflective lenses, etc.