Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-08-27, 19:39

Hellooo... I think your problem might be:

Spoiler (click to toggle):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
"sorry about the dogs" when they bark

Honestly, Moogs, I had a neighbor who put me through absolute living hell for months, and she never even knew it. Why?

Because as soon as she would leave the house and drive down the street, her dog would start non-stop barking that would go on without a second of interruption for four or five solid hours, until she drove back up the street and clicked her garage door to open.

Seriously, this was just the most horrible torture imaginable. In my darker moments, I fantasized about shooting or poisoning this dog. I thought of making four-hour-long tape recordings of the barking and putting them with an explanatory letter on her front door knob. I guess I just dreaded confronting her face-to-face about it.

I think I even called the city code compliance department, because barking dogs are definitely against 'nuisance' codes in some cities. It's weird, because I can't actually remember how this problem was resolved. But one day, the dog was gone, and I lived happily ever after.

Think about the times when you are gone. All those nice evenings out with your lady, lasting many hours. The days when both of you are gone. Maybe the dogs are barking constantly while you're away. If so, your neighbors are living in a hell that you don't even know about.

None of this may be true, but then again it may be. It would *certainly* explain your neighbors' odd behavior.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, Moogs, but if your dogs are a barking problem, then I completely understand your neighbors' reaction. You could be ruining their lives without even knowing it.