View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-12-09, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
I honestly don't know who would have purchased an Intel Mac a month ago, who would be turning down an M1 Mac now. I mean, if you absolutely *have* to run Windows, natively, booted directly via BootCamp, then yes, you're probably out of the running, but when the benchmarks running Windows/ARM in a hypervisor environment are faster than Windows/Intel directly on the old machines... that's kind of interesting.
I’m still hoping for one last Intel 16-inch MBP.

Failing that, I’ll probably have to go back to a two-computer setup. Ew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
My post might not have been worded as clearly as it should have been.

I meant that the engineering resources could have been better utilized on the new Apple Silicon Macs.

The Apple Silicon iMac was never going to debut today. But maybe the Pro line could be here faster if Apple Engineering wasn't busy designing and building $800 headphones that no-one was really asking for.
Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I just think they put a lot of priority/emphasis on the consumer electronics/"lifestyle" angle these days. Right or wrong, good or bad, that seems to be the company they are, and then "oh, yeah...we make computers too".

Although I'm hoping this M1 stuff is the sign of a returned emphasis on that front in the coming years. Because Macs sometimes have felt like an afterthought in recent years, sure enough. But I guess not all of that can be laid at Apple's feet? I don't know.
Macs have felt underappreciated for a while, yes, but I wouldn’t say that’s true for the past year or three. And Apple did just ship a bunch of astonishingly fast Macs.