View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-04-13, 11:42

My current guesses:

* AirTags are dead. Maybe they were never intended to be a product at all and merely existed for internal testing; maybe they decided at some point that there was no point to compete (not to mention the antitrust pressure). It's also possible that they deliberately announced the third-party options last week so they can get that out of the way and surprise us with their own offering, but I just don't see the special sauce Apple can give them.

* I don't think we'll see an event for AirPods 3. We also didn't for AirPods 2, or Max. (Nor, I think, Pro?)

* they can't seem to decide whether they care about the iPad mini. Why didn't they just updated it at the same time as the Air? If they do do a new mini, I would expect it to go up in price like the Air did, and gain many of those features. I might be into that.

* the regular cadence for iPad Pro would place an upgrade this fall, but the last one was very minor, so maybe now is the time. Probably an A14X (essentially a rebadged M1) — Thunderbolt, etc. Moves upward in price. Basically a MacBook Air without macOS and with touch instead of keyboard/mouse. The big piece of the iPad Pro isn't missing on the hardware end, though. The OS just isn't quite right.

* that leaves the iMac. I think we'll see that. Maybe I should just get one of those?