Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2021-04-20, 13:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Wait...are you saying the keyboard and mouse are not included now, at those $1,299 and $1,499 prices? Surely they are, but you can choose a different color or keyboard type beyond the stock ones included (a mouse and basic keyboard, color-matched, comes in the box...but you can upgrade your keyboard, or opt for a trackpad instead, as before and in your color choice?

Or are these things coming in the box with NO input devices and you have to shell out extra now? Are these a Mac mini with a screen?

PS - Drew, you were talking about a pink iMac yesterday. They're calling that red one pink, so there you go.

They have a $1,699 model with 512GB SSD, but still 8GB RAM.
Oop, you're right, it does come with the base model keyboard - on the $1299 model it's plain, on the second two models it's the one with Touch ID and you can upgrade. I briefly spaced and remembered the minis which do Not come with input peripherals. My bad.

The $1299 model only having 2 TB/USB4 ports and not having the extra USB3 or Ethernet just feels weird. I wish it was $1099 with that level of crippling. I also wish I knew what the GPUs were equivalent to in this system for pixel pushing.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder