Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-04-22, 16:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
They put the headphone jack on the left side (hooray!) but then didn't put one USB-C on the right? Huh?
I think they would've preferred to put the headphone jack on the back but couldn't, because the iMac literally isn't deep enough.

I also think they're wrong about that preference. There should be, like, a headphone jack, a USB-C port, and maybe an SD card slot on the side.

I'm sure someone will make a hub in the iMac style in no time, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
I hope the larger model adds more RAM, the SD card slot (on the side), 10-Gig Ethernet port and standardizes on TB/USB 4.
I don't like two sets of USB ports. Let's go all-in.
I'm optimistic most of that will happen. More RAM? Definitely. They can't go from 128 GiB to just 16 and say "welp, that's the new max for our main desktop!". This is clearly an M1 limitation. Same for TB; I don't think they ever wanted this weird mix; they prefer it how they have it on the 16-inch MBP: four ports, all TB, period. 10GigE was an option in the past, and I see no reason they would remove that. SD, who knows.