Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2021-05-21, 21:51

Got this today.

I'm not going to post any pictures or anything because others have done those better. Jason Snell's pictures are exactly what I got. The orange one is great, but not as bright as I would have liked. The brightness comes off more in pictures than it does in real life.

first impressions so far:
- Display is great, but that's a given at this point for any display from Apple.
- TouchID on the keyboard is pretty cool, but I'm not sure if it's any better/worse than using an Apple Watch for the same purposes. Obviously, if you don't wear an Apple Watch, it's a very nice thing, but not sure if you need both.
- It's fast as anything, but that's not surprising given I've been using an M1 MBP for the last few months as well. Basically the same computer in each, just different form factors.
- Color matched accessories are great. Apple needs to make all of their cables braided from this point forward.

I'm sure I'll get more else of this over the next few days, but overall, for the first few hours, this thing is super impressive and will more than handle what I need it to handle.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.