View Single Post
arteggio

2011-04-05, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
OK, um. Can I make a n00bish request? Could people label their buildings with a signpost above the door, at least for a little while? Some of the buildings are labeled but some of them aren't, and it would really help me get my bearings in Bridgeport and know what buildings Bryson is talking about, what slots are free, &c. I just really don't want to step on anybody's toes.
In the beginning, when Bridgeport and the world were relatively small, Brad and a few others did a map with everyone's places labelled. It would be quite an undertaking today but maybe a recent one is in order?

Quote:
Stupid question: I know wool is flammable. Does that mean I shouldn't use it as a building material? I like the colors...
I would say it's safe as a building material, relative to the caution that seems to be taken when fire is used. Besides the one-off Great Forest Fire near the spawn point, I don't think anything's really happened (or else I'm sure it would travel along the wood skyway and end up burning the whole world!). I'm considering building a wool cottage in Bridgeport if I can find a lot of land.

@billybobsky:

Sorry for the baddie distress my in-progress construction has caused. I will be lighting up the top of the wall, once I can figure out how tall I want it (I had originally planned going up to that wood rail; hm). I'm about to get on now and I'll put up temporary lighting, on the wall and around the Dense Forest.

When I was plotting out the land I tried lighting the whole lot up, like you did in such a lovely OCD manner with your fields, but I never really finished with the corners. The great wall should keep things from escaping, once spider proofed. I've also slowly been getting to the treetops at the heart of my town, but is the dark forest a threat to the trap stillor has that been neutered by your spider proofing and creeper blocking?

I haven't done much spider proofing to my constructions, so does the side of the lip matter? Once a spider gets to the top, it could jump across my moat and onto land? I'll just assume so for now and lip the town-side of the wall. (Note: I'm also going to be working on the ground-level, outside-wall lip of the moat 3 or so blocks in. Will that cause any problems to the land you're working on, on your side of the wall?)