View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-04-14, 15:59

While you call it daft, it does in fact illustrate that there are server side parts to the drop in FPS. I do understand how MC works, rest your head on that. If there wasn't an abundance of complex things going on there wouldn't be an issue rendering them as you indicated. Thus my wording of taking it to an extreme to illustrate the point.

The question is where is the line that the server is involved. The fact that there is lag being complained about by everyone I've chatted with and seeing the log entries means there is a whole lot going on. Much more than just your FPS.

The connection is likely based on the number of items for the server and client to track/render. In short, your OptiFine issue and the MC server load issue are not mutually exclusive. They are related to some degree.

It's not BW:

Server load is also fine right now and yet once a minute we are seeing the same error in the logs about server being overloaded. Server load has only had a 15 minute average of +1 for 5 ten minute blocks today. Loading isn't the issue for the server hardware.

Looking at iftop and iotop also show that the server is not being pushed beyond it's limits at all. Not even close for that matter. I thought maybe moving the actual MC "current" folder to the SSD might help but there is no indication that would make a difference at all. This iftop screen cap is for one user on who would likely be in an area with high detail and usage happening. Total out of the box was well under 1Mb.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.