View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2010-06-15, 23:55

Thanks for all the feedback and comments guys. Really appreciate it.

I will certainly work on the outline for the landscape. Sounds like a neat way to get what we're looking for.

What I will most likely do is have a few options to try, so you can experiment on the Prefs. screen for the game. i.e. Switch to outline, or blocky etc.

In the Prefs screen there are also sliders to adjust sensitivity of the accelerometer etc. That's all part of my iPhone engine anyway.

I am still putting it together as being played on a big square landscape which wraps, but making it a 2D sideways scroller is as simple as constraining everything in the Z coordinate, and scaling the landscape so it has a gulley down the middle.

It is much easier if I put it together as a 3D gameplay area, and then constrain it later (as I think we'll have to), than writing it 2D and then wishing we had more freedom.

Ultimately I'll probably do a Zarch clone, which will need a 3D play area, in the future. So the engine is being written to be as flexible as possible.

Hope to post some vids later this week, or over the weekend.
And aiming to have a very very early playable demo sometime after that.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt