View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-05-06, 17:16

Just returned from a matinee showing of "Mission Impossible: III".

An okay flick, perfectly acceptable for a rainy/cloudy weekend matinee for $5 or so...

Some neat stunts and sequences (one involving breaking in to the Vatican ), but nothing we haven't seen before in these big, loud summer action flicks. Elements of the second one, "True Lies", "The Thomas Crown Affair" and a few other movies seemed to make their way into this one.

Didn't suck, but isn't anything I'm going to carry with me a few days from now either. It is what it is. Go into it with that attitude (and a cheaper matinee showing) and you'll be okay.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman makes a pretty cool villain, although he's not in it as much as you'd assume. He doesn't do much, but delivers some creepy, sinister lines.

Oh, and "Felicity" herself, Ms. Keri Russell is in it...looking quite delicious, and, frankly, quite like a certain Aussie ex of Mr. Cruise's...

It should go without saying, but don't read the following if you don't want to know a spoiler or two (if you click it and learn things you didn't want to, I don't want to hear any crap...it's in a spoiler tag for a reason...

Spoiler (click to toggle):
She was only in the first segment and died quite early into the movie...but I couldn't help but think if this was some sort of in-joke or statement: her resemblence to Nicole Kidman was striking at times...and then she gets offed in a fairly gruesome manner. Was Tom letting us in to his head a bit? Hmmm...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2006-05-06 at 17:22.