View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-05-04, 14:45

The moving things off of "on the Mac" just means that the "Desktop" and "Documents" folders become iCloud Drive as opposed to local folders on the Mac. You don't lose them, just those become synced folders now. This is handy for a number of reasons. Especially if you pay for storage or have little to store.

So here the only folder saved locally on my MBP is the certs_vpn folder. Everything else is synced in iCloud Drive and I can download any time I need them and have internet connectivity. All of the files and folders can be seen on any connected Mac or iOS device. I'm nearly certain I can even access them via web browser... though I've not needed to try that.

Only recently did they add useful folder sharing so it finally beat out Dropbox for my primary use.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.