View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-02-13, 19:22

Ah...the first reveal of Robert Pattinson in the Batman suit for the upcoming The Batman. Odd, mechanical-looking chest emblem. That's new/different, as well as the area where the cowl meets the shoulders. Always fun to see a new take on the suit, cowl, vehicle, etc.

Good grief, how many times are they gonna reboot/recast this guy? Batman is almost a mini-Bond thing at this point, six actors over 30 years (Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, Affleck and now Pattinson). And that's not counting any animated or TV (Gotham) appearance. You'd be in the 8-9 actor range if you start counting that stuff.

I suppose the big question is a) when, exactly, is this Pattinson movie supposed to be set, and b) are they working toward having Pattinson's Batman and Joaquin's Joker eventually cross paths? The WB/DC thing is such a mess. There isn't one overall, cohesive, in-line timeframe, it seems, so it's hard to know what to expect. That recent Joker movie looks to be set back in the early 80's maybe? And I know there was an appearance of a little boy named Bruce, so if the goal is to get these two together, there will have to be a time-jump of a solid 10-15 years to account for at least a 20-something Batman.

I still think they should just troll everyone and cast Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner as the co-leads. There's your Cat-Woman and Riddler...a Twilight reunion. Goodness knows you'd get the 13-year-old chick money!

This movie is supposedly focusing on the second year of Batman's existence - Year Two - which is awesome because that means we don't have to sit through another origin story. Everyone on the planet knows how Batman came to be, so we can start leaving that out of all future projects. Maybe this will hit the ground running, with Pattinson already "on the job", etc.

Very confusing, especially if Affleck pops up in the role again. I guess WB/DC is just taking a "multiple universe/timeline" approach, so they can just use any character, any actor, at any time in their "career" without having to worry about continuity or what's been shown before? A weird way to go about it, but they've shit the bed on the world-building effort (Batman v Superman and Justice League), so they may as well try something new and novel to explain all the mismatch and "we're making it up as we go".

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-02-13 at 19:54.