View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-04-16, 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPB View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm new to MC and still trying to figure it out. I work with turtle and he said this was a friendly place, so I wanted to join the community. I'm open to any suggestions or recommendations. My MC username is: rzrking
-JP
Hello JP! Welcome to Cactuar (our MC world).

When you first log on you should start off in our central park. Right next to the park is a big glass cube. That's our Community Exchange. You can take some tools, seeds, or whatever else you need to get started there. On another side of the park is another grey-colored building — the Post Office. Feel free to claim a PO box so people can leave you messages and things when you're offline. To claim a PO box, just put your name on its sign — and be sure to put your name on its maching sign on the ground floor, too. When someone switches on the corresponding light, that means you have mail!

On weekends we turn on Creative Mode, which means you can give yourself blocks without having to mine them first, among other things. This is helpful for building large structures, though many of our largest structures were made by people who preferred to mine things themselves.

Making a land claim before building in Cactuar isn't mandatory, but it's still a pretty good idea before starting any extra-large project. What is mandatory is making sure you are not building on anyone else's claimed land — that's the point of claiming it, after all! Ideally, all land claims will be clearly marked with posted signs in-game, but if you have any questions as to the size of an unclear claim, you can get in touch with the owner via an in-game letter or a private message on these forums.

Other than that, explore and have fun. If you have any questions in-game, most of us should be happy to help, so speak up in chat if you need anything. Happy mining!

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong