View Single Post
autodata
hustlin

2005-11-06, 14:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
But do they get the same use is my question.
I thought my answer was clear: yes.
Quote:
I can't imagine would
But they do. For instance, I have an 1/8" to rca that easily sees 2-3x the usage.
Quote:
cell phones wouldn't as much.
? The cell phones in my house get plugged in once a day, the same usage as each apple power cord I use.

The point where the cord goes into the plug for the computer is weak and they seem to break after about two years of use. And that still doesn't explain the 3 or 4 failed bricks since they moved to the white power adapters or how the plastic cover on the firewire plug came detached on the cable for one of my ipods within a month or two of purchase.

I have a number of computers and a lot of electronics in the house (two living rooms, tons of audio gear, two projectors, etc), and somehow my apple gear has given me the most trouble over the past five or so years. Some might say it's bad luck, but somehow the biggest problems are things that a quick internet search or trip to the apple forums reveals are relatively widespread, like the loud fans in the ghz titanium or the vertical banding from the bad display connector on the 500 mhz titanium.

However, the number of optical and hard drive failures I've had to deal with on the dells at work are another thing altogether.